Laser Cutter Access

Hi All,

Does anyone have access to a laser cutter? Or could point me in the direction of a website / similar for getting some plans cut?

I’m looking at building a studio style Eurorack case.
Something like those found here.

1 Like

How big are we talking? I have a k40 that can do 300x200

Hi Jamie,

1. which material? Ply, mdf?
  2. bookcase or sloping front?

Material I’m open to. Something that looks not too bad is all I’m after on that front. (Happy to stain if required etc).

I’d probably be looking at a design similar to this, or this.

Laser cutting might not be the best approach. I guess I’m just looking for an easier tool than pencil + jig/saws. (And certainly that first design is designed with lazer cutting in mind).

I think unfortunately at least one dimension is larger than you bed size :frowning:

If it’s going to be sitting on a desk most/all of the time then MDF is probably best.

If you want to move it around a bit then ply is a better option.

I have a cabinet saw and biscuit joiner and would be happy to help. May require some minor changes to the designs I saw at thingy… (front lip) but end result would be functionally equivalent.

Have you purchased the rails yet?

I would say it would mostly always be on my desk.

I do have some rails now in a couple of 6RU ‘briefcase’ style cases I’ve built. I don’t remember the exact size, I’ll check when I’m home.
I was thinking I would buy new rails for the studio case, leaving the ‘briefcase’ cases together so I could use them for meetups / performances (if I ever go down that path).

I would love some help!

Suggest you get the rails first. Easier to adjust the cabinet dimensions to suit.

1 Like