Drill Press

Folks,
spent some time today truing up the drill press table. Think things went ok, front to back and side to side are within 0.25mm of each other.

This took me a while. Could people please leave the large adjustment screw under the table alone.

1 Like

Drill presses can be improved, especially for woodworking, by adding a second table surface.

Does anyone have some 30mm MDF or chipboard scrap going spare. Sink cutouts from new kitchens are perfect. Say 900x400?

1 Like

Thanks so much for the work! Have you looked around the space’s scrap wood? Its pretty messy and horrible to look through but I could’ve sworn we have MDF on top of the lockers or in the welding area.
We were eyeing it off for a new small arcade machine, but first come first serve!

Hi @Amr_Tawfik ,
yes, had a quick “boys look”, couldn’t see any 30mm. Plenty of 16mm and yes I could glue it up from two layers but flatness is key and I find when gluing two layers there is always a little bit of cupping.

1 Like

Thanks to @spanner888 I now have a piece of 30mm MDF. I will endeavour to get a secondary table started next week.

3 Likes