Help with 3D printer

Hi guys I am interested in 3d printing and I was just wondering if there is anyone whom might be interested in giving me a crush course on the basics of how to use a 3d printer?

I was also wondering the same thing. I would have no idea where to even start.

Slightly weird question too. Would the current 3D printer filament at MHV be food safe? I have seen people using them to make really cool cookie cutters online! :cookie:

From what I’ve been able to find, the plastics are food safe for something like a cookie cutter, but they are not easily cleanable - have small gaps in the printing which will hold food, and that can be a problem.

If one of the more experience people doesn’t offer, I’d be happy to have a go at showing how to use the 3D printer. I’m not very experienced - I’ve only used the Rostock which isn’t working at the moment. But we can try the other one that I think is working.

Sorry about the slow response @Chrismat - hopefully someone else got in touch with you off the forums!

Thanks Brenda! :slight_smile:
I hadn’t thought about the small gaps, but I would still love to have a go at making one if you, or someone else would be willing to put on a tutorial.

If people are expressing interest I’d be open to a crash course as well.
I’m slowly getting around to modelling the part I want to print in OpenSCAD
but I’m not really sure where to go from there.

1 Like

I would be willing to spend an evening with one or two people about how to use a printer. On the condition the one or two people are willing to show the next interested people how to use the printer.
I don’t think there is much point running a larger group as you can only print one thing at a time, and it would probably work best as a mini project to print something they wanted.

Thursdays are best for me. Maybe the 19th.